Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ICAD's 52-58 The Mountain Series

I hadn't really meant to follow up my Ocean Series with a Mountain Series but doesn't it just flow nicely?  I loved how my ICAD's for my week of vacation turned into a little travel diary.  They will forever help my remember our week in the mountains.

Day 52.  The River. South Fork of the Stanislaus.

Day 53 The Lake

Day 54.  Pinecrest.  This is the same lake view as above but more realistic.  I like seeing how I went from the simple version above to this one that is actually recognizable to people who have been here.  That is the greatest compliment!
 
Day 55.  The wood pile behind our cabin.  It was actually more creepy with a bunch on cobwebs and spiders!
 
Day 56.  The bottom of the river is so colorful.
 
Day 57.  This is a spot we found for fishing.  I called it "the spot where Max yelled "FISH ON" although he lost the fish as he was reeling it in.  Overall we caught a total of 51 fish on this trip!  Most released but a few eaten.  This is also the place where my ankle throbbed and swelled up as I had twisted it badly a short time before.  It's still very sore and black, blue and yellow.  Middle Fork of the Stanislaus.


Day 58.  The view from the other side of the Lake.  I did this while on the big party boat we rented.  What a lovely day that was.  We stayed on the boat until almost dark and watch the sunset as it peaked from behind some thunderstorm clouds.

 
Paint Party Friday
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this so wonderful. I love the simplicity and beauty of each card. The colors are spectacular and I am intrigued by the wood slats. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- I loved these! Love your style. such a unique way to draw these scenes! Love it! Are you on Twitter? Would love to Follow you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful and remind me of my trip to Maine. Too bad I am not a good drawer. Loved these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I love these. THe bottom of th river looks like gemstones. amazing. I like your clear lines and colors so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. What a wonderful way to remember your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so wonderful, what a lovely memento you will have. I just love the day 57 one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. His work is so meticulous and different colors and shapes as clean. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what lines can do! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Susan - I am quite taken by the line work in these. It's a great method when travelling and having perhaps only thin markers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Your lines! Especially Your the River and the Lake are wonderful.
    Beautiful paintings.
    Happy PPF...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and inspiring cards, Rita. Well done. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Icad's love the pile of wood. What is it about wood piles that are so inviting....xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love these! What a great way to remember a holiday ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Cards in lifefull Colors!
    Liebe Grüße
    Erika

    ReplyDelete