Thursday, May 17, 2012

Puppies!

Those of you who have followed this blog know that we lost our Golden Retriever, Annie, back in January.  The kids started begging for a puppy immediately (even before Annie died, to be honest) but I thought we needed some time to mourn our Annie.  After Annie, who was huge by Golden standards, I wanted a smaller dog but one day I woke up knowing that I really wanted another Golden.  I started looking at breeders and rescue facilities knowing that the beginning of July is the perfect time for us to bring home a puppy.  After a couple of false starts, I saw a post on Facebook from a friend who was getting a Golden and there was one puppy left!  And since the pups were born May 7th, they will be ready to go home the first week of July!  It felt like it was meant to be.

On Mother's Day (after an awesome breakfast in bed!) we drove down to Los Angeles.  We visited the La Brea tar pits, had our first experience with LA food trucks and met our puppy.

Meet out new puppy - he's the one at the top with his face showing.  I have a feeling he will be making very regular appearances on this blog.

  
 
 
 
We can hardly wait until July and it gives us a good long time to mull over names...any suggestions?

1 comment: