Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Illustration Friday - Kernel

watercolor and acrylic on paper

I double checked the definition of "kernel" and a sunflower seed definitely qualifies!  I've had sunflowers on the brain since last week's topic "hitched" (although I ended up with something else entirely.)  We had sunflowers as centerpieces at our wedding...I'm glad I could get it out of my system this week.

"cross stitched" sunflowers. pencil on paper

And here's a little teaser...check these guys out...6 days old

5 comments:

  1. I love the cross stitching idea for the flowers! Plus I'm a sucker for sunflowers! Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brightens my day, it's so sunny! I love your blog. The puppies, what kind of dog are they? And your recipes look very tasty. I had kale in my garden but I didn't really know what to do with it. I wonder what country you live in. I'm from Holland and spring is just starting. To see your sunflowers makes me long for warmth and growth. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words! I am in the USA (California). The puppies are golden retrievers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunflower painting is gorgeous. There's a gentle flow to it that I find very soothing...and I love the straightforward simplicity of your flowered foreground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of them! The cross stitch ones are very unique and cool :0)

    Also congrats on the puppy! I want one soo badly.

    ReplyDelete