Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spinach Pomegranate Salad

I've been sick this weekend and spent most of the day yesterday alternating between watching the first season of Downton Abbey in bed and painting seascapes (I've started something I am very excited about, stayed tuned!)  My wonderful husband took our kids on a bird watching adventure so I could lay low.  I was drinking large amounts of tea, besides soothing my throat, Downton Abbey put me in tea kind of mood and I didn't eat much.  This delicious salad was from a few days ago, I was thinking I might save it for another 7 Days, 7 Salads series but it was so good I want to share it now.


Spinach Pomegranate Salad
1-2 cups spinach
1/4 cup microgreens (sprouts)
2 Tablespoons pomegranate seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (I prefer roasted & salted)
1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional but so good for you!)
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette (I used Trader Joe's Fat Free version)

Served with Mary's Gone Crackers Caraway flavor.

1 comment: