Monday, January 9, 2012

Illustration Friday - Grounded

Grounded was not an easy word for me to wrap my head around.  I just didn't feel like producing anything that said "grounded" in any of it meanings, in any medium...until I was in yoga today and was looking at the tree mural on the wall behind me (it was upside down since I was in camel pose) and I wondered for the 27th time why there is a mural of a tree on the wall of an otherwise plain studio.  Then it hit me...the two things that make me feel most grounded are nature and yoga.  So here it is...my version of the yoga tree.  I often wonder what's in the hole...a wise old owl, perhaps?

colored pencil in paper

1 comment:

  1. Succinct and right on target for this topic. Nice work - I think this would work up well into a painting!

    ReplyDelete